October 18, 2012
John Stanley Ward
John Stanley Ward Our beloved husband, father, grandfather, great grandfather, passed away peacefully at home on October 10, 2012. He was 89.
The funeral will be held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, October 16, 2012 at St. Canice Church, 317 Washington Street, Nevada City, Calif, with a reception to follow at St. Canice Hall.
He was born in Antioch, Calif. August 20 1923. His parents were Robert and Edna Shultz Ward. While attending College of the Pacific, WWII broke out and he joined the ROTC and spent four years in the Navy as an officer. He finished college in 1947. He met his soul mate at a dance and soon after married Therese Chartrand. They just celebrated their 65 wedding anniversary this year. He started his career at State Farm Insurance and worked at a supervisory level. He went to Pacific Coast College in Long Beach Calif. and completed his law degree to advance his career with State Farm. He had five wonderful children, Diane Armstrong, Janice Mendez, John Ward Jr., Greg Ward, and Julie Meyer. After 38 years in Santa Ana, he retired to Lake Wildwood , Calif. where he had many happy years water skiing, square dancing, golfing, RVing and traveling to exotic places. He was a member of the Knights of Columbus, Nevada City Elks Lodge, SIRS, and the Nevada City RV Club.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations