John Richard (Deacon) Thackeray
May 2, 2013
John Thackeray passed away April 17, 2013, in Grass Valley. He was 70.
A memorial service will take place 2 p.m. May 11, 2013; Chapel of the Angels Mortuary, 250 Race St., Grass Valley, Calif.
John was born Jan. 9, 1943, in Framingham, Mass., to Harrold and Francis Thackeray. He was a commercial/residential painter and loved to restore Harleys.
He is survived by the love of his life, Beck "The Wreck," of Grass Valley; his daughters, Summer Pratt and Juanita Owen of Grass Valley and Dawn M. Thackeray of Massachusetts; his son, Jeff C. Emery, of Grass Valley; his niece, Stormy Dawn Beltrame, of Sacramento, Calif.; his nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
He will be missed very much.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- 2 men accused of having exploding devices in western Nevada County
- Heat wave comes to Nevada County with the first day of summer (Video)
- Nevada, Placer county rivers claim 2 lives over the weekend
- Mindy Oberne: The real deal on SB 562, the single-payer legislation
- Placer County authorities release ID of victim in fatal Friday wreck