January 10, 2014
John "Johnny" Jaynes passed away on Dec. 23, 2013, in Arizona after a long battle with bone cancer.
John worked for Lauseman Lumber for many years, becoming logging boss for Transierra Inc from 1973 to 1981. He retired from Caltrans in 1997. He was part owner of Tri-Jay Arabians. He was active in horse shows and events and Mr. and Mrs. Dance Club in the 1970s and was a member of Nevada City Elks for many years.
He is survived by his wife of 60 years, Sharron; children,John Jr. and Glenica Jaynes; five grandchildren and 10 great-grandchildren.
He will be greatly missed by family and friends.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death