John Caton Vierra, Jr.
November 13, 2013
John Caton Vierra Jr. passed away on October 28, 2013 in Grass Valley. He was 86.
He was born on Nov. 29, 1926, in Modesto, Calif., to John and Marian Vierra. His family owned and operated a dairy ranch outside Nicolaus, Calif.
John grew up in the area where he worked as a rancher. He retired to Grass Valley where, for the last 47 years, he lived with his sister, Lorraine Hosking.
He enjoyed helping the veterans hospitals by making fruit baskets and other handmade items. He also spent his time making model cars, watching the San Francisco Giants' and 49ers' games and working in the garden, always with a smile and a good word.
John is survived by sisters Marian Fassler of Nicolaus, Calif., Violet Renslow of Sacramento, Lorraine Hosking of Grass Valley, Denice Gould of Placerville, Margaret Bishop of Wilton, Calif., and Nadine Vierra of Sacramento; brothers Francis Vierra of Nevada, George Vierra of Pleasant Grove, Calif., and Bob Vierra of Elverta, Calif.; and numerous nieces and nephews and great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, John Vierra, Sr. and Marian Vierra; brothers Filbert and Joseph Vierra; nephew, Johnny Renslow; and nieces Linda Renslow and Ida Hosking.
John will be remembered and missed by his family and friends.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)