April 12, 2013
John R. "Bob" Blakely, 76, of Grass Valley, Calif., passed away quietly Friday, Feb. 22, 2013.
Bob was born in McNary, Ariz., Jan. 15, 1937, to Raymond Blakely and Berta Lampsa. He graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1954. After high school, he joined the Navy and later joined the Air Force. He retired from the Air Force in 1978. Bob spent time in Alaska, Greenland, Arkansas and Oregon before returning to the Grass Valley area in 2010.
He is survived by his sisters, Jeanne Hammond of Nevada City and Harriett Harris of Grass Valley; his brother, James Blakely of Idaho; three nieces; and three nephews.
He is preceded in death by his sister, Ramona Jenkins, in 2006.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance