April 12, 2013
John R. "Bob" Blakely, 76, of Grass Valley, Calif., passed away quietly Friday, Feb. 22, 2013.
Bob was born in McNary, Ariz., Jan. 15, 1937, to Raymond Blakely and Berta Lampsa. He graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1954. After high school, he joined the Navy and later joined the Air Force. He retired from the Air Force in 1978. Bob spent time in Alaska, Greenland, Arkansas and Oregon before returning to the Grass Valley area in 2010.
He is survived by his sisters, Jeanne Hammond of Nevada City and Harriett Harris of Grass Valley; his brother, James Blakely of Idaho; three nieces; and three nephews.
He is preceded in death by his sister, Ramona Jenkins, in 2006.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana