July 16, 2013
Joe E. Rivera of Sparks, Nev., and a longtime resident of Grass Valley, Calif., died on June 21, 2013, at Hearthstone of Northern Nevada. He was 86.
He was born Sept. 7, 1926, in New Mexico to Jose and Iginacia (Pisana) Rivera.
He worked in the construction business for most of his life.
He is survived by his son, Joe F. Rivera of Sparks, Nevada; daughter, Rose L. Rivera of Manassas, Va.; and grandsons Anthony and Christopher.
Joe was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Lorraine.
Services will be 10 a.m. on Monday, July 1, 2013, at Walton’s Sierra Chapel, 875 West Second Street, Reno. Interment will follow at Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic Cemetery in Reno.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers