July 16, 2013
Joe E. Rivera of Sparks, Nev., and a longtime resident of Grass Valley, Calif., died on June 21, 2013, at Hearthstone of Northern Nevada. He was 86.
He was born Sept. 7, 1926, in New Mexico to Jose and Iginacia (Pisana) Rivera.
He worked in the construction business for most of his life.
He is survived by his son, Joe F. Rivera of Sparks, Nevada; daughter, Rose L. Rivera of Manassas, Va.; and grandsons Anthony and Christopher.
Joe was preceded in death by his beloved wife, Lorraine.
Services will be 10 a.m. on Monday, July 1, 2013, at Walton's Sierra Chapel, 875 West Second Street, Reno. Interment will follow at Our Mother of Sorrows Catholic Cemetery in Reno.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death