Joe Dode Giles
January 19, 2013
Joe Dode Giles, 80, died surrounded by his family in Reno, Nev., Jan. 9, 2013.
Joe was born in Seneca to parents Stanley Grover Giles and Alice Aydelotte Giles. He is survived by his siblings, Patricia, James Richard and David. He was a loving father, grandfather and great-grandfather to Debra, Patricia, Alice, Emily and Margaret and their families.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, LaNell, and his brother, Stanley.
Joe was a proud Army veteran, a staunch Republican and an avid outdoorsman. He was larger than life, and he will be missed.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to WoundedWarriorProject.org or Parkinson.org
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Hilary Hodge: My coming out story
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman tries to euthanize dog that isn’t hers