Joe Dode Giles
January 19, 2013
Joe Dode Giles, 80, died surrounded by his family in Reno, Nev., Jan. 9, 2013.
Joe was born in Seneca to parents Stanley Grover Giles and Alice Aydelotte Giles. He is survived by his siblings, Patricia, James Richard and David. He was a loving father, grandfather and great-grandfather to Debra, Patricia, Alice, Emily and Margaret and their families.
He was preceded in death by his parents; his wife, LaNell, and his brother, Stanley.
Joe was a proud Army veteran, a staunch Republican and an avid outdoorsman. He was larger than life, and he will be missed.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to WoundedWarriorProject.org or Parkinson.org
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial