March 3, 2013
Jerry Walter Wilkening, age 83, of Nevada City, Calif, entered into eternal rest on Feb. 12, 2013, at his home surrounded by loved ones.
At his request, no service will take place.
Jerry was born to Walter and Waneta Wilkening Jan. 19, 1930, in San Diego. He graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School in Long Beach, Calif., in 1948. He served in the U.S. Navy as a Seabee and went on to pursue a career in aerospace research. He coached Little League Baseball and Junior All-American Football. He enjoyed playing and watching sports, fishing, carpentry, crossword puzzles and helping family and friends. He was an extraordinary man who could accomplish anything he set his mind to. He left an indelible mark on all who knew and loved him. He will be lovingly remembered and greatly missed.
He is survived by his soulmate, Kay Ann Shay, and her daughter, Pamela, daughters Robin, Piper and Erin, seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his son, Jerry Walter Wilkening Jr., and his wife, Patricia Lee Wilkening.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site