March 3, 2013
Jerry Walter Wilkening, age 83, of Nevada City, Calif, entered into eternal rest on Feb. 12, 2013, at his home surrounded by loved ones.
At his request, no service will take place.
Jerry was born to Walter and Waneta Wilkening Jan. 19, 1930, in San Diego. He graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School in Long Beach, Calif., in 1948. He served in the U.S. Navy as a Seabee and went on to pursue a career in aerospace research. He coached Little League Baseball and Junior All-American Football. He enjoyed playing and watching sports, fishing, carpentry, crossword puzzles and helping family and friends. He was an extraordinary man who could accomplish anything he set his mind to. He left an indelible mark on all who knew and loved him. He will be lovingly remembered and greatly missed.
He is survived by his soulmate, Kay Ann Shay, and her daughter, Pamela, daughters Robin, Piper and Erin, seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his son, Jerry Walter Wilkening Jr., and his wife, Patricia Lee Wilkening.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana