March 3, 2013
Jerry Walter Wilkening, age 83, of Nevada City, Calif, entered into eternal rest on Feb. 12, 2013, at his home surrounded by loved ones.
At his request, no service will take place.
Jerry was born to Walter and Waneta Wilkening Jan. 19, 1930, in San Diego. He graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School in Long Beach, Calif., in 1948. He served in the U.S. Navy as a Seabee and went on to pursue a career in aerospace research. He coached Little League Baseball and Junior All-American Football. He enjoyed playing and watching sports, fishing, carpentry, crossword puzzles and helping family and friends. He was an extraordinary man who could accomplish anything he set his mind to. He left an indelible mark on all who knew and loved him. He will be lovingly remembered and greatly missed.
He is survived by his soulmate, Kay Ann Shay, and her daughter, Pamela, daughters Robin, Piper and Erin, seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his son, Jerry Walter Wilkening Jr., and his wife, Patricia Lee Wilkening.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local