March 6, 2013
Jerry Walter Wilkening of Nevada City, Calif., entered into eternal rest on Feb. 12, 2013, at his home surrounded by loved ones. He was 83.
At his request, no service will be held.
Jerry was born to Walter and Waneta Wilkening on Jan. 19, 1930, in San Diego, Calif. He graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School in Long Beach, Calif., in 1948.
He served in the United States Navy as a Seabee and went on to pursue a career in aerospace research.
He coached Little League Baseball and Junior All American Football. He enjoyed playing and watching sports, fishing, carpentry, crossword puzzles and helping family and friends. He was an extraordinary man who could accomplish anything he set his mind to. He left an indelible mark on all who knew and loved him. He will be lovingly remembered and greatly missed.
He is survived by his soulmate, Kay Ann Shay, and her daughter, Pamela; daughters, Robin, Piper and Erin, seven grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his son, Jerry Walter Wilkening Jr.; and his wife, Patricia Lee Wilkening.
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping