August 21, 2013
Jeannette Pauline Arcuri Olsen passed away July 30, 2013, at Golden Empire Convalescent Hospital in Grass Valley shortly after her 104th birthday.
A memorial will be hosted for Jeannette by family members in Vale, Ore. Her final resting place will be in Sierra City.
Jeannette and her twin brother, Henry, were born July 26, 1909, in San Francisco to Michael Arcuri and Hattie Hoyt Arcuri. Jeannette completed high school in San Francisco. Afterward, she did office work and was a telephone operator. She married Otto W. Olsen in Reno in 1940. They resided in San Mateo for many years until they moved to Sierra City after Otto's retirement.
Jeannette was a member of the Eastern Star, enjoyed playing bridge and attended church in Sierraville, where she provided beautiful flowers for the sanctuary from her garden. Jeannette was known for her exceptional cooking.
Jeannette is survived by her sister-in-law, Dorothy Beckwith, of Vale, Ore.; her nieces, Marilyn De Ruosi of Escalon, Carlene Hawkins of Hornbrook, Bonnie Fovinci of Stockton and Robin Frazier of Vale, Ore.
Jeannette was preceded in death by her husband, Otto, and her siblings, Theo, Henry and Gladys.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans