August 9, 2013
Jeanne Schlenke passed July 16, 2013, at home in Grass Valley. She was 89.
A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. on Friday, July 26, 2013, at Sierra Pines United Methodist Church, 22559 W. Hacienda Drive, Grass Valley, Calif.
Jeanne was born Oct. 11, 1923, in Portland, Ore.
She was active in church, and quilting was her passion. She quilted for many, leaving each of her children and grandchildren a creation. She even gave her creations to the poor and abused, including children in Africa.
She was well loved.
Jeanne was the beloved mother of Marcia Doty and Joyce Johnson; grandmother of Linda Ortega Miller and Todd Robert Ortega; great-grandmother of Cody, Brittany, Brandon, Jeremy and Chellsie Ortega and Kari Johnson; great-great-grandmother of James Ortega.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Al Schlenke, of Jamestown, Calif.
Memorial contributions can be made to Sierra Pines United Methodist Church.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball