August 9, 2013
Jeanne Schlenke passed July 16, 2013, at home in Grass Valley. She was 89.
A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. on Friday, July 26, 2013, at Sierra Pines United Methodist Church, 22559 W. Hacienda Drive, Grass Valley, Calif.
Jeanne was born Oct. 11, 1923, in Portland, Ore.
She was active in church, and quilting was her passion. She quilted for many, leaving each of her children and grandchildren a creation. She even gave her creations to the poor and abused, including children in Africa.
She was well loved.
Jeanne was the beloved mother of Marcia Doty and Joyce Johnson; grandmother of Linda Ortega Miller and Todd Robert Ortega; great-grandmother of Cody, Brittany, Brandon, Jeremy and Chellsie Ortega and Kari Johnson; great-great-grandmother of James Ortega.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Al Schlenke, of Jamestown, Calif.
Memorial contributions can be made to Sierra Pines United Methodist Church.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say