May 8, 2013
Jeanne Rutherford died April 13, 2013, at home surrounded by family.
A memorial service will be May 4 at her home. Please call for more information at 530-268-1730.
She was born Frances Eugenia to Jack and Adele (Atkinson) Taylor on June 11, 1938, in Grass Valley.
Jeanne was a lifelong resident of Nevada County, attending local schools including two years at Sierra College.
Jeanne was an active member of the local 4-H clubs for years and participated at the Nevada County Fair where you could always find her with a smile on her face as she showed her lambs in the Senior Division.
Jeanne married John Rutherford on April 28, 1956. They had three children, John (Maryann) Rutherford, Carolyn (Gary) Caselli and Lori Rutherford-Boewer; six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
She is survived by her brother, John (Julie) Taylor of Nevada City; sister, Sharon (Tom) Threlkeld of Whitefish, Mont.; and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
She is predeceased by her husband, mother and father.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum