May 8, 2013
Jeanne Rutherford died April 13, 2013, at home surrounded by family.
A memorial service will be May 4 at her home. Please call for more information at 530-268-1730.
She was born Frances Eugenia to Jack and Adele (Atkinson) Taylor on June 11, 1938, in Grass Valley.
Jeanne was a lifelong resident of Nevada County, attending local schools including two years at Sierra College.
Jeanne was an active member of the local 4-H clubs for years and participated at the Nevada County Fair where you could always find her with a smile on her face as she showed her lambs in the Senior Division.
Jeanne married John Rutherford on April 28, 1956. They had three children, John (Maryann) Rutherford, Carolyn (Gary) Caselli and Lori Rutherford-Boewer; six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren.
She is survived by her brother, John (Julie) Taylor of Nevada City; sister, Sharon (Tom) Threlkeld of Whitefish, Mont.; and numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
She is predeceased by her husband, mother and father.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say