February 19, 2014
Sarah Jean Ferguson passed away Feb. 16, 2014. She was 89.
Visitation for family and friends will be from noon to 5 p.m. on Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. on Friday, Feb. 21, 2014, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary. A reception will follow at the Grass Valley Elks.
Jean was born on March 8, 1924, in Horseshoe Bend, Idaho, to Theodore L. and Lois (Peter) Nye.
She graduated from Fall River Joint Union High School in Lassen County in 1942. On Oct. 10, 1942, she married PFC James Leon Ferguson and settled in Grass Valley in 1966.
Jean was a member of the Order of Eastern Star, where she served as past worthy matron and past deputy grand matron. She belonged to the Aurora Chapter in Grass Valley and the Bethany Chapter in Colfax. She was an active member of the Grass Valley United Methodist Church, Isabella Thoburn Circle, American Legion Auxiliary, Republican Women Federated and Emblem Club of Vallejo, Calif.
She is survived by her childre, James L. Ferguson Jr., Janice Kron, and Joanne Glover; grandchildre, Julie Dintale, Mark Ferguson, Mike Ferguson, Melissa Ferguson and Elaina Kirshman; and four great-grandchildren.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom
- Protest planned outside Auburn water agency event Friday
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- 3 brothers appear in Nevada County Superior Court on unrelated charges