February 11, 2013
James M. Reese died Jan. 31, 2013, after a long illness. He was 87.
At his request, there will be no services.
Jim was born Feb. 23, 1925. He grew up in Southern California and graduated from L.A. High School and Pomona College. He served in the Army Air Corps during WWII. He spent 29 years with Sears Roebuck and was transferred to many different cities, including Fresno, Denver, Dallas, Houston and Chicago. After retiring from Sears, he did consulting for several Home Improvement Centers in Southern California before moving to Grass Valley, Calif.
Jim was an avid golfer at Alta Sierra Country Club. He particularly enjoyed volunteering with the good people in the SNMH Cancer Center and the Auxiliary.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Edith, and son Robert.
In lieu of flowers, please support the Hospice of the Foothills.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton