February 11, 2013
James M. Reese died Jan. 31, 2013, after a long illness. He was 87.
At his request, there will be no services.
Jim was born Feb. 23, 1925. He grew up in Southern California and graduated from L.A. High School and Pomona College. He served in the Army Air Corps during WWII. He spent 29 years with Sears Roebuck and was transferred to many different cities, including Fresno, Denver, Dallas, Houston and Chicago. After retiring from Sears, he did consulting for several Home Improvement Centers in Southern California before moving to Grass Valley, Calif.
Jim was an avid golfer at Alta Sierra Country Club. He particularly enjoyed volunteering with the good people in the SNMH Cancer Center and the Auxiliary.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Edith, and son Robert.
In lieu of flowers, please support the Hospice of the Foothills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo