February 11, 2013
James M. Reese died Jan. 31, 2013, after a long illness. He was 87.
At his request, there will be no services.
Jim was born Feb. 23, 1925. He grew up in Southern California and graduated from L.A. High School and Pomona College. He served in the Army Air Corps during WWII. He spent 29 years with Sears Roebuck and was transferred to many different cities, including Fresno, Denver, Dallas, Houston and Chicago. After retiring from Sears, he did consulting for several Home Improvement Centers in Southern California before moving to Grass Valley, Calif.
Jim was an avid golfer at Alta Sierra Country Club. He particularly enjoyed volunteering with the good people in the SNMH Cancer Center and the Auxiliary.
He is survived by his wife of 64 years, Edith, and son Robert.
In lieu of flowers, please support the Hospice of the Foothills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows