April 3, 2013
James “Jim” Malin passed quietly away March 10, 2013, in Sedro Wooley, Wash., his home for 39 years. He was 72.
Jim requested no services and to be allowed to go quietly as he had lived his life. He wished to be cremated and have his ashes spread on a mountain near his home.
Jim was born in 1940 to Mary and Archie Malin in Southern California. The family then moved to Cedar Ridge in Nevada County. Jim attended Nevada Union High School in Grass Valley and graduated in the class of 1958. Immediately after graduating, he enlisted in the Navy, where he attended Electric Ion School, a profession he practiced until he retired. Jim served four years in the Navy and was honorably discharged in 1962. He then moved to Washington state and worked his profession in and around Bellingham until he retired. Jim was highly respected and loved by those who knew him and will be/is missed by all.
Jim is survived by his wife, Ryki; son James D.; daughters Carrina and Tina; stepson Jonathon; step-daughter Megan, all from Washington state; brother Don of California; and sister Judy of Arizona.
He was preceded in passing by his mother, Mary; father Archie; and stepfather Slim Jenkins.
Trending In: Obituaries
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows