January 11, 2013
James Harold Leonhardt, follower of the Lord Jesus Christ, loving husband, father, brother and friend, died Jan. 8, 2013, peacefully at home in Grass Valley surrounded by his loving family. He was 67.
A private service will be held at 1 p.m. Jan. 14, 2013, at Green Wood Cemetery, Rough & Ready Hwy. in Grass Valley, Calif. Ron Thompson officiating.
Jim was born April 23, 1945, in Newcastle Pa., to Grace and Harold Leonhardt. He spent his early years in Newcastle with fond memories of his many cousins on their family farm. His family relocated to Long Beach, Calif., and he attended Wilson High School.
He loved playing football and sketching. In 1966, he enlisted in the Marine Corps and was wounded in Vietnam. He received a Purple Heart. Jim graduated from UOP Dental School in 1974 and practiced for 34 years in Yuba City. He married Janine McGill in 1981 and raised their family in Grass Valley. Jim loved painting watercolors and his paintings are treasured gifts.
He will be dearly missed by his wife, Janine; children, Jimmy, Karlie, Skyler; sister, Carole Bordwell and her family and Uncle Carl and many cousins from Pennsylvania.
The family is forever thankful for everyone's heartfelt prayers.
In lieu of flowers, make donations to Twin Cities Church, 11726 Rough and Ready Hwy., Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local