January 14, 2014
James Robert Gautney died on Jan. 5, 2014, after an extended illness, with his wife by his side.
There will be no services.
Jim was born on Jan. 13, 1946, in Chicago, Ill., and lived in Southern California, the Bay Area and moved to Grass Valley in 1983.
He played drums in the Army band, had a degree in anthropology from SFSU and was a licensed veterinary technician. He was also a printer of small-press poetry.
Jim was married to Laurie for 36 years.
He was fluent in French and loved visiting Paris. Jim studied philosophy and enjoyed music and books and always had pets.
Jim will be greatly missed by his wife and extended family.
Contributions can be made to Nevada Union Choral Department.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity