January 14, 2014
James Robert Gautney died on Jan. 5, 2014, after an extended illness, with his wife by his side.
There will be no services.
Jim was born on Jan. 13, 1946, in Chicago, Ill., and lived in Southern California, the Bay Area and moved to Grass Valley in 1983.
He played drums in the Army band, had a degree in anthropology from SFSU and was a licensed veterinary technician. He was also a printer of small-press poetry.
Jim was married to Laurie for 36 years.
He was fluent in French and loved visiting Paris. Jim studied philosophy and enjoyed music and books and always had pets.
Jim will be greatly missed by his wife and extended family.
Contributions can be made to Nevada Union Choral Department.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say