November 28, 2012
Jack Blaine Leavy passed away Nov. 8, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 90.
There will be a graveside service at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, at Greenwood Memorial Gardens, Rough and Ready Highway, Grass Valley. The Rev. David Hagey will be officiating.
Jack was born July 25, 1922, in Columbus, Neb., to Charles and Hazel Leavy. He attended high school in Columbus, then in Los Angeles. He also attended Los Angeles City College. Jack served in the U.S. Navy and was a WWII Veteran.
He married Betty Oct. 11, 1947, in Yuma, Ariz. He worked 40 years for Pitney Bowes Inc. Jack loved golf, Dixieland jazz, fishing and swimming and was an active member of the Penn Valley Community Church, Elks, LWW Men's 9 Hole Club and the Gold Dusters.
Jack is survived by his daughters, Sheryl Kennedy of Penn Valley, Gayle Conklin of Auburn and Denise Loberg of Penn Valley; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions in lieu of flowers can be made to the Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley.
All arrangements are being handled by Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier