November 28, 2012
Jack Blaine Leavy passed away Nov. 8, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. He was 90.
There will be a graveside service at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2012, at Greenwood Memorial Gardens, Rough and Ready Highway, Grass Valley. The Rev. David Hagey will be officiating.
Jack was born July 25, 1922, in Columbus, Neb., to Charles and Hazel Leavy. He attended high school in Columbus, then in Los Angeles. He also attended Los Angeles City College. Jack served in the U.S. Navy and was a WWII Veteran.
He married Betty Oct. 11, 1947, in Yuma, Ariz. He worked 40 years for Pitney Bowes Inc. Jack loved golf, Dixieland jazz, fishing and swimming and was an active member of the Penn Valley Community Church, Elks, LWW Men's 9 Hole Club and the Gold Dusters.
Jack is survived by his daughters, Sheryl Kennedy of Penn Valley, Gayle Conklin of Auburn and Denise Loberg of Penn Valley; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
Memorial contributions in lieu of flowers can be made to the Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley.
All arrangements are being handled by Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire