January 15, 2014
Irene Barton Cameron passed away Dec. 17, 2013, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 92.
A private memorial service will be conducted at a later date.
Irene was born Feb. 25, 1921, in Gary, Ind., to Frank and Marjorie Gazapo. She married John Richard Cameron in Joliet, Ill.
She is survived by her children, Mavourneen Bowes, Craig Cameron, Ami Gilbert and Dorothy Robertson; seven grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; four of her siblings; and her grandson, David Bowes.
Irene enjoyed playing softball, traveling, drawing, painting and dancing.
She will be missed by her family and friends.
Arrangements were under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Vehicle fire: Fire units battling blaze at Hwy 20 and Poker Flat Road (Video)
- Marijuana grow murder case in Nevada County judge’s hands