February 27, 2013
Mr. George Biles of Penn Valley regrets to announce the passing of his lovely wife, Irene Annie Biles, on Feb. 7, 2013.
George will host a gathering in the near future with family and friends to celebrate Irene's life.
Irene was born on Aug. 4, 1922, in Vancouver, British Columbia. They were happy, lifelong, marriage partners of 70 years.
At 20 years old on June 29 1943, they were married after knowing each other since high school. Irene and George moved to California from Vancouver in 1947 and became American citizens in 1955.
They made their home in San Mateo, Calif., and had friends and Canadian relatives from Monterey to San Francisco. George and Irene retired to Lake Wildwood in 1987 where they have been very happy and made many good friends. Christians, George and Irene attended the Twin Cities Church in Grass Valley.
Irene is survived by her husband, George Allen Biles of Penn Valley, Calif.; son, Gregory Biles of Redwood City; daughter, Laurene Biles Meyer of Folsom, Calif.; and two grandsons, Gregory Meyer, 28, and Grant Meyer, 26, of Sacramento, Calif.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum