November 28, 2012
Ilse G. Metschan of Nevada City, Calif. died Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012 at home. She was 81.
A celebration of life will be conducted at a later date.
Mrs. Metschan was born on Jan. 25, 1931, in Germany to Wilhelm and Ernestina (Poetner) Steinke. She married Gunter “Fred” Metschan on Jan. 25, 1953, in Sydney, Australia. She was a homemaker, and enjoyed gardening and knitting.
She is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Jacqueline Metschan and Edwin Lehmer of Nevada City; and grandson, Erik Lehmer of Nevada City.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Gunter “Fred” Metschan in Feb. 2009.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers