November 28, 2012
Ilse G. Metschan of Nevada City, Calif. died Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012 at home. She was 81.
A celebration of life will be conducted at a later date.
Mrs. Metschan was born on Jan. 25, 1931, in Germany to Wilhelm and Ernestina (Poetner) Steinke. She married Gunter "Fred" Metschan on Jan. 25, 1953, in Sydney, Australia. She was a homemaker, and enjoyed gardening and knitting.
She is survived by her daughter and son-in-law, Jacqueline Metschan and Edwin Lehmer of Nevada City; and grandson, Erik Lehmer of Nevada City.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Gunter "Fred" Metschan in Feb. 2009.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site