Ida May Morales
December 6, 2013
Ida May "Idee" Morales passed away on Nov. 27, 2013.
Idee was born on May 23 in Nevada City, Calif. During her life she lived in Chicago, Ill., Mountain View, Calif., and then returned to Nevada City, Calif.
Idee was a National Quick Draw champion, loved hunting and spent her most recent years caring for her mother, Mary Orzalli Peard Morales, in Nevada City.
She is survived by her husband, John C. Morales Jr.; her mother, Mary Morales; brothers Alfred and Burnell Peard; daughter, Debbie Painter; and stepchildren Roxanna and John Morales III. She had three grandchildren and two great- grandchildren, as well as nieces, nephews and cousins.
To all who knew and loved her, it could be said that her sassy personality and beautiful blue eyes gave credence to her favorite saying, "I Did It My Way."
Idee will be missed by all. The family will have a private gathering to celebrate her life.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana