September 24, 2012
Helen L. Williams passed away Sept. 18, 2012. She was 92.
A memorial service will take place at 11a.m., Friday, Sept. 21, 2012, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, Nevada City. Reception at Grass Valley Elks Lodge.
Helen was born July 4, 1920, at Jones Hospital, Grass Valley, Calif. She was a graduate of Grass Valley High School and Saint Mary's Business College. Helen married Elton F. Williams, Sept. 22, 1946, in Grass Valley. She was owner of Williams Stationary in operation for 63 years.
She was a member of Native Daughters of the Golden West and Nevada County Fast Pitch Hall of Fame.
Helen enjoyed cooking and gardening and was a San Francisco Giants baseball fan.
Helen is survived by son David (Susan) Williams, Grass Valley, Calif; and daughter Mary (John) Christopher, Davis, Calif; granddaughters Courtney Williams, Rochester, N.Y., and Vanessa (Nolan) Hale, Grass Valley, Calif; nephews Jim and Dan Williams and Bob and Gary Vincent; and nieces Kristi German, Marjorie Vincent and Nanette Hinman.
She is predeceased by husband Elton Williams; companion George Cossairt; brothers Carlos and Robert Vincent.
Memorial contributions can be made to American Cancer Society.
Funeral home arrangements are under the care of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, Nevada City, Calif.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later