January 15, 2014
Hattie E. Gardinier left this world and went to Heaven on the morning of Jan. 11, 2014, at the family home.
She was born to Onnie Rado and Nancy Hayhurst on a farm outside Oak Grove, Ark., in July 1919.
On June 12, 1943, she married Donald E. Gardinier in Bernallillo, N.M. They had a daughter, Nancy, and a son, Tom. The next 70 years were spent in Woodland Hills, Calif., Anacortes, Wash., and finally in Nevada County, living with her son and daughter-in-law.
She is survived by her son, Tom; daughter-in-law Kathryn; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; two great grandchildren, and a sister, Wendy, in Rogers, Ark.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Don (1981); daughter Nancy (2005); two brothers; three sisters and two grandchildren.
The family requests that in lieu of flowers, that a donation be made to their favorite charity.
The family would also like to thank Dr. Constance Gaulter, Hospice of the Foothills and Golden Empire Convalescent Hospital for all the support and compassion during Mom's final days.
Hattie will be interred with her husband and daughter at Fernhill Cemetery in Anacortes, Wash.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death