May 2, 2013
Harriet Youmans passed away April 5, 2013. She was 85.
A private service for immediate family will take place in Hawaii.
Harriet was born in New York and moved to Penn Valley in 1989. Harriet was married to Donald Youmans in 1949 in Delmar, N.Y. She was active for years in Lake Wildwood activities and volunteered at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital in the auxiliary.
She is survived by her son, Jeff Youmans; his wife, Carol, and her two sons; daughter Sallie Laplaca; grandson Casey Howard and wife Alyssa with their three children; grandson Cody Laplaca and wife Lisa with their children, Logan and Tyler; grandson Jesse Laplaca and wife Mattie; brother Robert King and wife Joann; sister Mildred King of New York; and several nieces and nephews back east.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Donald Youmans, in 2008.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance