February 27, 2013
Harriet Alberta McCreary passed away peacefully on Jan. 29, 2013, almost exactly six months after celebrating her 100th birthday with family and friends.
Harriet was born in Council Bluffs, Iowa, on July 26, 1912, where she spent the early part of her life. In the early 1950s, she moved with her husband and young sons to Berkeley, Calif., where she lived until moving to the Blue Oaks Country Home in Grass Valley six years ago.
For the past 17 years of her life, she was blind but never complained or felt sorry for herself. She is remembered lovingly by her family and friends and remains a source of inspiration, admiration and respect. We will miss you, Grandma.
She is survived by sons, Richard and Douglas; grandchildren, Brian, Jennifer, Tyson and Megan; and great-grandchildren, Skylar, Hunter, Asher and Hazel.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death