February 27, 2013
Harriet Alberta McCreary passed away peacefully on Jan. 29, 2013, almost exactly six months after celebrating her 100th birthday with family and friends.
Harriet was born in Council Bluffs, Iowa, on July 26, 1912, where she spent the early part of her life. In the early 1950s, she moved with her husband and young sons to Berkeley, Calif., where she lived until moving to the Blue Oaks Country Home in Grass Valley six years ago.
For the past 17 years of her life, she was blind but never complained or felt sorry for herself. She is remembered lovingly by her family and friends and remains a source of inspiration, admiration and respect. We will miss you, Grandma.
She is survived by sons, Richard and Douglas; grandchildren, Brian, Jennifer, Tyson and Megan; and great-grandchildren, Skylar, Hunter, Asher and Hazel.
She was preceded in death by her husband, James.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana