September 2, 2013
Harold "Hal" Jonsson of Penn Valley, Calif., passed away on June 11, 2013. He was 87.
Services will be at 2 p.m. on Aug. 17, 2013, at the Grass Valley United Methodist Church.
Harold was born in San Francisco on April 21, 1926, to Alfred and Helmi (Berg) Jonsson. He attended U.C. Berkeley, obtaining a Ph.D. Harold was a Merchant Marine and had worked for the Coast Guard. He was professor emeritus in the education department and interdisciplinary studies at San Francisco State University. Harold loved to golf.
Harold is survived by his wife, Shirley Jonsson; sister, Anita Goodwin of Auburn; brother, Ray Jonsson (Corinne) of Hawaii; nephews and families David and Teresa Goodwin of Colfax and Mark and Linda Goodwin of Thousand Oaks; and niece and husband, Rebecca and Michael Phillips.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Alfred and Helmi Jonsson.
Please make donations to Interfaith Food Ministry.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier