Grace E. Blanchette
November 10, 2012
Grace E. Blanchette of Grass Valley passed away Oct. 31, 2012, at Crystal Ridge Nursing Home. She was 98.
At her request, there will be no services. Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Reno, Nev.
She was born in Reno on Oct. 18, 1914, and lived there until she and her husband, Armond, built their retirement home and moved to Grass Valley, Calif., in 1965. She retired from Washoe Hospital, now known as Renown in Reno.
She is survived by daughter, Marian (Ron) McMahon; granddaughter, Cindy Webb; grandsons, Gary (Bridget) McMahon, Rodney (Cheri) McMahon, Guy (Jennifer) McMahon and David (Linda) Duffney; niece, Jerry (Carl) Schultz; nephew, David (Ellen) Cairns; several great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by daughter, Dian Duffney Vernam; husband, Armond; sister Dina Cairns Sjogren; brother, Albert Court; sister-in-law, Dorothy Court; nephew, Robert Cairns; and grandsons, Joseph Webb and Douglas Duffney.
Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Reno. Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth