Grace E. Blanchette
November 10, 2012
Grace E. Blanchette of Grass Valley passed away Oct. 31, 2012, at Crystal Ridge Nursing Home. She was 98.
At her request, there will be no services. Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Reno, Nev.
She was born in Reno on Oct. 18, 1914, and lived there until she and her husband, Armond, built their retirement home and moved to Grass Valley, Calif., in 1965. She retired from Washoe Hospital, now known as Renown in Reno.
She is survived by daughter, Marian (Ron) McMahon; granddaughter, Cindy Webb; grandsons, Gary (Bridget) McMahon, Rodney (Cheri) McMahon, Guy (Jennifer) McMahon and David (Linda) Duffney; niece, Jerry (Carl) Schultz; nephew, David (Ellen) Cairns; several great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by daughter, Dian Duffney Vernam; husband, Armond; sister Dina Cairns Sjogren; brother, Albert Court; sister-in-law, Dorothy Court; nephew, Robert Cairns; and grandsons, Joseph Webb and Douglas Duffney.
Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Reno. Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana