Grace E. Blanchette
November 10, 2012
Grace E. Blanchette of Grass Valley passed away Oct. 31, 2012, at Crystal Ridge Nursing Home. She was 98.
At her request, there will be no services. Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Reno, Nev.
She was born in Reno on Oct. 18, 1914, and lived there until she and her husband, Armond, built their retirement home and moved to Grass Valley, Calif., in 1965. She retired from Washoe Hospital, now known as Renown in Reno.
She is survived by daughter, Marian (Ron) McMahon; granddaughter, Cindy Webb; grandsons, Gary (Bridget) McMahon, Rodney (Cheri) McMahon, Guy (Jennifer) McMahon and David (Linda) Duffney; niece, Jerry (Carl) Schultz; nephew, David (Ellen) Cairns; several great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by daughter, Dian Duffney Vernam; husband, Armond; sister Dina Cairns Sjogren; brother, Albert Court; sister-in-law, Dorothy Court; nephew, Robert Cairns; and grandsons, Joseph Webb and Douglas Duffney.
Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Reno. Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier