November 13, 2012
Grace E. Blanchette of Grass Valley passed away Oct. 31, 2012, at Crystal Ridge Nursing Home. She was 98.
At her request, there will be no services. Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Reno, Nev.
She was born Oct. 18, 1914, in Reno and lived there until she and her husband, Armond, built their retirement home and moved to Grass Valley, Calif., in 1965. She retired from Washoe Hospital, now known as Renown, in Reno.
She is survived by daughter Marian (Ron) McMahon, grandsons Gary (Bridget) McMahon, Guy (Jennifer) McMahon and David (Linda) Duffney, niece Jerry (Carl) Schultz, nephew David (Ellen) Cairns, several great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her daughter, Dian Duffney Vernam; husband Armond; sister Dina Cairns Sjogren; brother Albert Court; sister-in-law Dorothy Court; nephew Robert Cairns; and grandsons Joseph Webb and Douglas Duffney.
Interment will be at Mountain View Cemetery in Reno.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball