Gordon M. Briggs
April 10, 2014
Gordon M. Briggs passed away peacefully on March 26 in Phoenix, Ariz. He was 92.
A graveside service will be held at 11 a.m. on April 15 at the Ephraim, Utah City Cemetery.
Gordon was born on May 11, 1921 in Myton, Utah to Moroni L. and Arta Madsen Briggs. He served in the U.S. Army during World War II. He lived in central Utah; Henderson, Nevada; Sacramento and Nevada City, Calif.; St. George, Utah and most recently Phoenix, Ariz. While in California, he was active in the Grange.
He is survived by three sisters, Gwendolyn Rowley, Mary Lou Magnusson, and Lucille Sondrup; three children, Garry M. Briggs, Owen C. Briggs and Bette Marlene Briggs; nine grandchildren and numerous great grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; two brothers, Robert Briggs and Ted Briggs; one sister, Maxine Briggs Ruoho; and three wives, Marjorie D'Alleinne, Giovanna Parella and Margaret Bette Chobotar.
Best Funeral Services, Inc in Phoenix, Ariz. is handling the arrangements.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum