May 7, 2013
Francis Glenn Smith passed away May 3, 2013. in Roseville, Calif. He was 77.
Services will take place at 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, 2013, at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, 651 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif. Viewing is scheduled for 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 8 at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City.
Glenn was born to Leslie Smith and Sarah Hill Garner on Oct. 11, 1935, in Los Angeles, Calif. He married Rebecca Deiss on July 9, 1983, in Nevada City. He retired from lengthy employment with PGH Wong Engineering in San Francisco. He enjoyed camping and watching old westerns on TV.
He is survived by his wife of 29 years, Rebecca Smith of Lincoln, Calif.; children Christopher Deiss of Lincoln, Judith Smith of Roseville, Calif. and Janie Smith of Citrus Heights, Calif.; and grandchildren Ryan Smith of Antioch, Calif., Rossi Smith of Hemet, Calif., Deric Castaneda of Citrus heights, Calif., Max Smith of Roseville, Calif., and Lacey Connell of Virginia Beach, Va.
He was preceded in death by his father Leslie Smith; mother Sarah Hill Smith; and son Jeff Smith.
Arrangements are being handled by Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)