January 11, 2013
Gerald Hall died of a sudden stroke on Sept. 19 while visiting family in Taos, NM. Born in Salt Lake City on Feb. 26, 1949, he excelled in scholastics all his life. He graduated from UCSD and was a PhD candidate in Computer and Information Sciences at UC Santa Cruz. He was an excellent professional in the computer business. He designed and maintained large data centers at First Virtual and BabyCenter.
He retired to Grass Valley in 2007 where he happily spent the remainder of his life. He enjoyed camping, drinking with friends, and engaging in deep philosophical discussions.
He died peacefully surrounded by his loving family. His private memorial homecoming was celebrated in San Diego during Octoberfest.
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit