January 11, 2013
Gerald Hall died of a sudden stroke on Sept. 19 while visiting family in Taos, NM. Born in Salt Lake City on Feb. 26, 1949, he excelled in scholastics all his life. He graduated from UCSD and was a PhD candidate in Computer and Information Sciences at UC Santa Cruz. He was an excellent professional in the computer business. He designed and maintained large data centers at First Virtual and BabyCenter.
He retired to Grass Valley in 2007 where he happily spent the remainder of his life. He enjoyed camping, drinking with friends, and engaging in deep philosophical discussions.
He died peacefully surrounded by his loving family. His private memorial homecoming was celebrated in San Diego during Octoberfest.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws