January 11, 2013
Gerald Hall died of a sudden stroke on Sept. 19 while visiting family in Taos, NM. Born in Salt Lake City on Feb. 26, 1949, he excelled in scholastics all his life. He graduated from UCSD and was a PhD candidate in Computer and Information Sciences at UC Santa Cruz. He was an excellent professional in the computer business. He designed and maintained large data centers at First Virtual and BabyCenter.
He retired to Grass Valley in 2007 where he happily spent the remainder of his life. He enjoyed camping, drinking with friends, and engaging in deep philosophical discussions.
He died peacefully surrounded by his loving family. His private memorial homecoming was celebrated in San Diego during Octoberfest.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier