March 21, 2013
Gary Wesley McCawley died Feb. 25, 2013, in Mercy Hospital in Sacramento, Calif. He was 62.
Per his request, there will be no services
Gary was born on April 10, 1951, in Redwood City, Calif. Gary came to live in the Gold Country when he was in his early 20's, only returning to Redwood City for short visits with his family.
Gary was never married as he preferred a life of independence, counting all of his many friends as his family.
Gary donated all of his organs to those in need. His remains will be buried next to his mother.
Gary is survived by his father, Fred MaCawley of Redwood City; brother, Patrick of Napa, Calif.
He is preceded in death by his mother.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom