March 21, 2013
Gary Wesley McCawley died Feb. 25, 2013, in Mercy Hospital in Sacramento, Calif. He was 62.
Per his request, there will be no services
Gary was born on April 10, 1951, in Redwood City, Calif. Gary came to live in the Gold Country when he was in his early 20's, only returning to Redwood City for short visits with his family.
Gary was never married as he preferred a life of independence, counting all of his many friends as his family.
Gary donated all of his organs to those in need. His remains will be buried next to his mother.
Gary is survived by his father, Fred MaCawley of Redwood City; brother, Patrick of Napa, Calif.
He is preceded in death by his mother.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local