Frankie Montanez III
April 3, 2013
Frankie Montanez III peacefully passed on March 16, 2013, in Grass Valley due to health complications at the age of 32.
Graveside services will be held at 12:30 p.m. Friday, March 22, 2013, at Oak Hill Memorial Park, 300 Curtner Ave., San Jose, Calif.
A celebration of life potluck will be held at 4 p.m. Friday, March 29, 2013, at Condon Park Love Building in Grass Valley.
He was born in Santa Clara on July 11, 1980, and spent his youth in San Jose before moving to Grass Valley in 1990.
Despite being paralyzed at the age of 2, Frankie overcame many health challenges and lived life to the fullest. Frankie graduated from Nevada Union High School in 1998.
He had a big personality and always enjoyed being surrounded by his family and friends. He was a very social person who had a passion for helping those in need and enjoyed late nights, good food and loud music.
He is survived by his mother, Molly Pau-Uribe; sisters, Malesha Hassfeld, Amber Herrera and Shala Uribe; brothers-in-law, Trevor Hassfeld, David Chambers and Rudy Herrera; nephews, Caleb Hassfeld, Connor Hassfeld and Adrian Herrera; and his best friend, Chris Hooley.
He was preceded in death by his father, Frank G. Montanez Jr., who passed away in 1982; and by the father who raised him, Henry Uribe Jr.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary, Grass Valley.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death