January 11, 2013
Frances Briggs passed away Jan. 4, 2013, at her home in Grass Valley. She was 82.
A viewing is taking place at Chapel of the Angels Mortuary, 250 Race St., Grass Valley, Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2013, from 6 to 9 p.m. A vigil will take place Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013, at 10 a.m. and then a Mass at 11 a.m. at St. Patrick's Catholic Church in Jackson, Calif. A graveside service will immediately follow.
Frances was born March 24, 1930, in Berkeley, Calif., to Carlo and Fernanda Giovannoni. She married John Briggs July 8, 1951, in Oakland, Calif. Her favorite pastime was family celebrations.
She is survived by her three daughters, Deborah, Dena and Denise; as well as her four sons, John, Peter, Charles and Erick. She is also survived by her 19 grandchildren and 13 great-grandchildren.
Mrs. Briggs is preceded in death by her husband, John; daughter Donna; son James; granddaughter Dawn; grandson Gary; and son-in-law Joseph.
Memorial contributions may be sent to Boys Town, http://www.boystown.org, or the Salvation Army, donate.salvationarmyusa.org
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans