July 15, 2013
Fran Andron Epstein of Grass Valley passed away July 12, 2013. She was 58.
Services will be at 2 p.m. July 17 at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Fran was born July 3, 1955, in Long Island, N.Y., to Arnold Wallace and Shirley Andron. She attended Cornell University and obtained a master's degree at Harvard University and a Ph.D. at the University of San Francisco.
She married Marc Epstein in 1985 in San Francisco. She worked as a career counselor and grade-school teacher and was a clinical psychologist. Fran was a member of the ASPCA and the American Cancer Society.
Fran enjoyed reading, writing, playing the flute and piano and listening to music.
She is survived by her son, Alex Epstein, of Grass Valley, Calif.; her parents, Arnold and Shirley Wallace, of Saddle River, N.J., and brother Lee Wallace of Kinnelon, N.J.
Fran was predeceased by her husband, Marc Epstein, in 1993.
Memorial contributions can be made to the American Cancer Society.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans