October 18, 2012
Florence Amelia Pearce Wilcox passed away Sept. 26, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 81.
She was born on Jan. 21 Grass Valley, Calif., to Florence May Pearce and John Pearce. Florence was married to Charles Marshall Wilcox. Mrs. Wilcox worked at PG&E in San Francisco for 15 years, then at Sierra Memorial Hospital in Grass Valley for 12 years. She was a loving, caring and funny woman who always helped those in need. She is beloved by many friends and family and by all she came in contact with.
She is survived by her two sons, Tom and James Wilcox; cousins in England and many friends.
Florence was preceded in death by her husband, Charles, and her parents, Florence May and John Pearce.
Arrangements are in the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City