October 2, 2013
Florence Kopp passed away Sept. 10, 2013.
A memorial service will be Sept. 28 for family at Hooper & Weaver. The Rev. Andy Owens will be officiating.
She was born Oct. 27, 1917, in Waukegan, Ill., to Oliver and Gladys Baskin. She was the oldest of four children,
She was married to Russell Andres in 1934 and had a daughter, Barbara Andres, in November 1934. After their divorce, she married Benjamin Kopp in 1947. After their retirement, they moved to Lake Wildwood in 1984, where they met and enjoyed many friends and activities, like square dancing, bridge, travel and partying with friends and family. She was predeceased by her husband, Benjamin Kopp.
She is survived by a daughter, Barbara Pegoda, and son-in-law Herman Pegoda; four grandchildren, Dan of Eugene, Ore., Larry of Citrus Heights, Jim of Vancouver, Wash., and Lenora Moss of Eugene, Ore.; three great-grandchildren, Josh and Tim Moss of Corvallis, Ore., and Wes Pegoda of Vancouver, Wash.; and two great-great-grandchildren.
Because of declining health, she moved to Mistywood in Roseville, where again she was well-liked and enjoyed the activities, even teaching card games.
Flowers would be welcomed or a donation to Hospice of the Foothills.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo