Evelyn Pearl Valley
October 14, 2013
Evelyn Pearl Valley passed away Oct. 7, 2013, in Shelton, Wash.
A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Oct. 18 at St. Patrick's Cemetery, Grass Valley, Calif. A memorial fund has been established in Evelyn's name: THE BIBLE LEAGUE (1-866-825-4636).
Evelyn was the seventh child of eight children born to Ben and Pearl Thurlby. She lived in Arkansas as a child and graduated from the University of Arkansas. She married William J. Valley in 1942. William died in 1982. They settled in Grass Valley, Calif., in 1956, and there, she taught at Hennessy School until her retirement after 27 years of teaching.
Evelyn is survived by her son, William J. Valley, and his wife, Lynne, of Shelton, Wash. Bill and Lynne have three daughters, six grandchildren and one great-grandchild. She is also survived by her daughter, Jeannette (Valley) McCarty, and her husband, Richard, of Coralville, Iowa. Jeannette and Richard have three children and three grandchildren.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier