Evelyn Pearl Valley
October 14, 2013
Evelyn Pearl Valley passed away Oct. 7, 2013, in Shelton, Wash.
A graveside service will be at 11 a.m. Oct. 18 at St. Patrick's Cemetery, Grass Valley, Calif. A memorial fund has been established in Evelyn's name: THE BIBLE LEAGUE (1-866-825-4636).
Evelyn was the seventh child of eight children born to Ben and Pearl Thurlby. She lived in Arkansas as a child and graduated from the University of Arkansas. She married William J. Valley in 1942. William died in 1982. They settled in Grass Valley, Calif., in 1956, and there, she taught at Hennessy School until her retirement after 27 years of teaching.
Evelyn is survived by her son, William J. Valley, and his wife, Lynne, of Shelton, Wash. Bill and Lynne have three daughters, six grandchildren and one great-grandchild. She is also survived by her daughter, Jeannette (Valley) McCarty, and her husband, Richard, of Coralville, Iowa. Jeannette and Richard have three children and three grandchildren.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court