November 15, 2012
Eva I. Rondoni passed away Nov. 11, 2012, in Escondido. Calif. She was 99.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16, 2012, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way in Nevada City, Calif. Interment will be graveside at St. Patrick's Cemetery in Grass Valley, Calif.
Eva was born July 22, 1913, to Alvin Burnside and Cora Springston in Goodhope, W. Va.
She graduated from Mount Pleasant High School in 1931. In 1933, she married George Tanner and had five sons, Walter, George, Gary, William and Daniel. After a divorce in 1944, she and her sons arrived in Nevada County along with her much loved dog, Trixie. Eva married Tony Rondoni in 1952 in Reno, Nev., and became an avid rancher.
She was a noted cook, rancher and conservationist. She was also named Cattlewoman of the Year by the Cattleman's Assoc. She belonged to First Baptist Church, Banner Grange, VFW Auxiliary and The Cattleman's Assoc.
She is survived by sons, William and Daniel Tanner, and many grandchildren.
Eva was preceded in death by her husband; parents; sister, Pauline; brother, Millard; sons, Walter, George and Gary; and granddaughter, Kimberlee.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public