November 15, 2012
Eva I. Rondoni passed away Nov. 11, 2012, in Escondido. Calif. She was 99.
Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16, 2012, at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way in Nevada City, Calif. Interment will be graveside at St. Patrick's Cemetery in Grass Valley, Calif.
Eva was born July 22, 1913, to Alvin Burnside and Cora Springston in Goodhope, W. Va.
She graduated from Mount Pleasant High School in 1931. In 1933, she married George Tanner and had five sons, Walter, George, Gary, William and Daniel. After a divorce in 1944, she and her sons arrived in Nevada County along with her much loved dog, Trixie. Eva married Tony Rondoni in 1952 in Reno, Nev., and became an avid rancher.
She was a noted cook, rancher and conservationist. She was also named Cattlewoman of the Year by the Cattleman's Assoc. She belonged to First Baptist Church, Banner Grange, VFW Auxiliary and The Cattleman's Assoc.
She is survived by sons, William and Daniel Tanner, and many grandchildren.
Eva was preceded in death by her husband; parents; sister, Pauline; brother, Millard; sons, Walter, George and Gary; and granddaughter, Kimberlee.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana