September 10, 2013
Ernie was born in Cleveland, Ohio in 1945, growing up in Richmond, California after his family relocated there in 1955. Ernie graduated from Richmond Union High School in 1963 and received his AA degree in Graphic Arts from Laney College in Oakland. He was a typesetter working in San Francisco until he moved to Rough & Ready in 1979 where he built a house on 4 acres and worked for 28 years at Country Copy Print Shop in
desktop publishing. Ernie was a part-time disc jockey at weddings and classic car shows.
He enjoyed wood working, cutting firewood, and gardening. He is survived by Kathy Saunders, his devoted wife of 45 years, two sons, Jeffrey Saunders and Michael Saunders, granddaughter, Emily Saunders, sister, Barbara (Rick) Backman.
The family extends their heartfelt thanks to Hospice of the Foothills. A casual, potluck, Celebration of Life will be held at our home for friends and family on Saturday, Sept. 14th @ 2:00 p.m.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death