Ernest Lowell Fountain
March 7, 2013
Jesus called Ernie home Feb. 22, 2013.
Memorial service will be Wednesday, Feb. 27, 2013, 11 a.m. at Grace Bible Church of Cedar Ridge, 11452 Brunswick Drive, Grass Valley, Calif.
He was born to Ernest Charles and Edith May Fountain Aug. 13, 1922, and raised in Santa Rosa, Calif. He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Returning home, he became a dairy farmer and met and married Delores Frey from Wilton, Calif., July 2, 1949. He moved to Sacramento where he worked at Procter & Gamble. Moving to Grass Valley, he worked at Diamond Pacific Lumber and built his dream home. During his life, he enjoyed camping trips, gold panning, gardening and making wood crafts. Ernie loved to read the Bible and pray for each of his family members by name daily. As an active member of the church, he served as a Sunday school teacher, worked in children and youth ministries and was a deacon. He also enjoyed traveling with the RoadRunners Travel group.
Ernie was a loving father survived by his wife, Delores; four children, Lorraine (Andy) Kilpatrick from Alabama, Ernie P. (Sarah) from California, Teresa Fountain from Grass Valley and Mary (Steve) Boettcher from Texas; 13 grandchildren; and 20 great-grandchildren.
Ernie was preceded in death by his sister, Helen Sheppard.
Donations accepted to support the church, Grace Bible Church, 11452 Brunswick Drive, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Dodge Dakota breaks through wall, sends child sprawling to the floor, mother says
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants