Erin Michael Hogan
August 2, 2013
Erin Michael Hogan passed away at his home in Reno on Monday, July 29, 2013. He was 39.
A memorial service for Erin will be from 3-5 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 3, 2013, at the McKinley Arts & Cultural Center, 925 Riverside Dr., Reno, Nev.
Erin was born in Grass Valley, Calif., on July 20, 1974, to Linda Edmiston and Tom Hogan.
Erin grew up in Reno, Nev., and Pasco, Wash. He earned an accounting degree from the University of Oregon, sparking a lifelong passion for Ducks football. He was a CPA and worked as chief financial officer for Bender Group, a Reno-based transportation and warehousing company.
He was a loving father and loyal friend and family member. Admired and respected by many, Erin will always be remembered for his uncanny ability to light up a room with his easy laughter and love of life. He found great joy and adventure in his relationship with his son, Shane, taking frequent father-son excursions to lakes and mountains nearby.
Erin is survived by his son, Shane Hogan; his mother, Linda Edmiston; his father, Tom Hogan; his stepfather, Dan Voss; and his siblings Cassandra Arora, Clayton Voss and Susan Tyree,and their spouses. He will also be dearly missed by his aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
Erin was preceded in death by his grandparents, Lorene O'Byrne, Glen and Lillian Edmiston and Tom and Edith Hogan; and aunt, Trish Hogan Reuser.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death