October 4, 2013
Ellsworth James "Bud" Migues was born in Santa Cruz County, Calif. on Aug. 22, 1926, and passed away on Sept. 27 after a short illness.
As a resident of Penn Valley for many years, his presence in the community building beautiful benches, tables and assorted hand-crafted wood products were a common feature of farmers' markets and local events throughout the Grass Valley and Nevada City areas. He and his wife Nancy, of 50 years, raised their family in Watsonville, Calif. Bud was a graduate of Santa Cruz High School and a WWII veteran with the U.S. Navy, in which he served from 1943 to 1952. He worked as a bindery foreman at Watsonville Press for many years.
His survivors include his beloved wife, Nancy; brother, Fred Migues; daughters Dana Richardson, Debra Craven and Pamela Hilton; sons Dale Migues (deceased), Alex Migues and John Trent and their respective spouses; grandchildren; and great-grandchildren who will dearly miss their Papa.
A memorial service will be held at a later time. The family would like to thank Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley, Calif., for their wonderful services and support.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rickie Lynn Abel’s memorial service set for Saturday
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Nevada County authorities say Lincoln man shot arrow at his victim
- Mural proposed for downtown Grass Valley faces hurdles