October 4, 2013
Ellsworth James "Bud" Migues was born in Santa Cruz County, Calif., on Aug. 22, 1926, and passed away on Sept. 27 after a short illness.
As a resident of Penn Valley for many years, his presence in the community was building beautiful benches, tables and assorted hand-crafted wood products, which were a common feature of farmers' markets and local events throughout the Grass Valley and Nevada City areas. He and his wife Nancy, of 50 years, raised their family in Watsonville, Calif. Bud was a graduate of Santa Cruz High School and a WWII veteran with the U.S. Navy, in which he served from 1943 to 1952. He worked as a bindery foreman at Watsonville Press for many years.
His survivors include his beloved wife, Nancy; brother, Fred Migues; daughters Dana Richardson, Debra Craven and Pamela Hilton; sons Dale Migues (deceased), Alex Migues and John Trent and their respective spouses; grandchildren; and great-grandchildren, who will dearly miss their Papa.
A memorial service will be held at a later time. The family would like to thank Hospice of the Foothills in Grass Valley, Calif., for their wonderful services and support.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed