April 18, 2013
After a long battle with cancer, Elizabeth Motley, age 71, passed away on a beautiful spring morning, Friday, April 12, 2013. Her husband, Bruce, and elder son, Marshall, were there with her in her final moments.
Elizabeth will be available for public viewing at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City Tuesday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. A memorial service will take place at 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Sierra Presbyterian Church, 175 Ridge Road, Nevada City, Calif.
She loved to garden and sew (member of American Sewing Guild, Grass Valley chapter). She was able to see her grandchildren before she passed.
She is survived by them and her son, Michael; and four grandchildren, Cayley, Ethan, Max and Jed; she is also survived by her brother, Ken Marshall, and her sister, Bonnie Keller, both of Virginia. She will be sadly missed by all who knew her.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Serious drug charges dropped after tests show suspected cocaine was flour
- Rideout cuts to save $3 million include cutting ties with Nevada County
- Shooter at large after shooting at Monterey County school
- Penn Valley Market owner falls prey to false internet rumor
- Hilary Hodge: Doug LaMalfa should know no seat is safe