April 18, 2013
After a long battle with cancer, Elizabeth Motley, age 71, passed away on a beautiful spring morning, Friday, April 12, 2013. Her husband, Bruce, and elder son, Marshall, were there with her in her final moments.
Elizabeth will be available for public viewing at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary in Nevada City Tuesday between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. A memorial service will take place at 2 p.m. Wednesday, April 17, 2013, Sierra Presbyterian Church, 175 Ridge Road, Nevada City, Calif.
She loved to garden and sew (member of American Sewing Guild, Grass Valley chapter). She was able to see her grandchildren before she passed.
She is survived by them and her son, Michael; and four grandchildren, Cayley, Ethan, Max and Jed; she is also survived by her brother, Ken Marshall, and her sister, Bonnie Keller, both of Virginia. She will be sadly missed by all who knew her.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Bear drops by home near Cascade Shores (VIDEO)