January 4, 2013
Elisabeth "Betty" Roth passed away Nov. 14, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 96.
A memorial service will take place at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 9, 2013, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif. All family and friends are welcome to attend.
Elisabeth was born March 20, 1916, to Judson and Nignon Starr in New York. She married Robert Roth Dec. 6, 1937, in San Francisco. Betty was a receptionist at Kaiser Walnut Creek and worked at I.Magnin for many years. The couple moved to Nevada City in the 1970s to retire and enjoy the beautiful foothills. She loved to garden, and she loved everything flowers. Horticulture was her thing. Betty also loved to travel the U.S. with Bob, her loving husband. Betty will be dearly missed by all.
Elisabeth is survived by her daughters, Barbara Christensen of Pleasanton, Calif., Marilyn Morton of Dinuba, Calif., and Pamela Adamson of Grass Valley.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Robert, and her parents, Judson and Nignon.
Donations can be made to the charity of your choice in Elisabeth's name.
Trending In: Obituaries
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans