January 4, 2013
Elisabeth "Betty" Roth passed away Nov. 14, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 96.
A memorial service will take place at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 9, 2013, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif. All family and friends are welcome to attend.
Elisabeth was born March 20, 1916, to Judson and Nignon Starr in New York. She married Robert Roth Dec. 6, 1937, in San Francisco. Betty was a receptionist at Kaiser Walnut Creek and worked at I.Magnin for many years. The couple moved to Nevada City in the 1970s to retire and enjoy the beautiful foothills. She loved to garden, and she loved everything flowers. Horticulture was her thing. Betty also loved to travel the U.S. with Bob, her loving husband. Betty will be dearly missed by all.
Elisabeth is survived by her daughters, Barbara Christensen of Pleasanton, Calif., Marilyn Morton of Dinuba, Calif., and Pamela Adamson of Grass Valley.
She is preceded in death by her husband, Robert, and her parents, Judson and Nignon.
Donations can be made to the charity of your choice in Elisabeth's name.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local