January 9, 2013
Elisabeth "Betty" Roth passed away on Nov. 14, 2012, in Grass Valley, Calif. She was 96.
A memorial service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Jan. 9, 2013, at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way, Nevada City, Calif. All family and friends are welcome to attend.
Elisabeth was born March 20, 1916, to Judson and Nignon Starr in New York. She married Robert Roth on Dec. 6, 1937 in San Francisco, Calif. Betty was a receptionist at Kaiser Walnut Creek and worked at I.Magnin for many years.
The couple moved to Nevada City in the 1970s to retire and enjoy the beautiful foothills. She loved to garden and she loved everything flowers, Horticulture was her thing. Betty also loved to travel the U.S with Bob, her loving husband. Betty will be dearly missed by all.
Elisabeth is survived by her daughters, Barbara Christensen of Pleasanton, Calif., Marilyn Morton of Dinuba, Calif., and Pamela Adamson of Grass Valley
She is preceded in death by her husband, Robert, and her parents, Judson and Nignon.
Donations can be made to the charity of your choice in Elisabeth's name.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial