September 24, 2013
Eleanor Huss Macari died Sept. 20, 2013, at home in Grass Valley. She was 90.
Memorial services will be conducted at a later date.
Eleanor was born March 12, 1923, in Lakewood, N.J., to Edward and Emma Huss. She came for a visit to Grass Valley in 1948 and never left.
She was married to Barney Macari from 1958 until his death in 1984. She was a member of Sierra Presbyterian Church.
She will be missed by all those who knew and loved here.
She is survived by her daughters, Gale Veater and Glenna Veater of Grass Valley; son Stephen Macari of Arcata, Calif.; grandchildren Darrin Hutchins, Shawna Hutchins, Ben Veater-Fuchs, Matthew Macari; six great-grandchildren; five great-great grandchildren; numerous nieces and nephews; and sister Doris Chenoweth of Santa Rosa, Calif.
She's preceded in death by her parents, husband and brother Milton Huss.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the direction of Hooper & Weaver Mortuary.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Obituaries
- Robbery suspect wanted in May incident found in Grass Valley
- Insurance companies dropping homeowners in Nevada County
- Man burned in suspected butane honey oil lab explosion sent to hospital, authorities say
- Nevada County jury convicts John Richard Green on 16 out of 18 counts in child sex case
- Nevada County Sheriff deputies respond to shooting victims near North San Juan