January 19, 2013
Elden Prophet of Penn Valley, Calif. died Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013 at Golden Empire Convalescent Home. He was 81.
Memorial services will be Saturday, Jan. 19 at 11 a.m. at Abundant Life Community Church, 10795 Alta Street, Grass Valley, CA.
Elden was born on December 31, 1931 in Shelly, ID. He married the love of his life, Claudia Evans on June 10, 1953 in Reno, NV. The two relocated to Nevada County where Elden was a superintendent at Nevada Irrigation District. He was a faithful member of Abundant Life Community Church. Elden enjoyed fishing, reading and gardening. He was a loyal friend, a loving husband, father, and grandfather.
Elden is survived by his wife Claudia; his daughter, Cynthia Martin; son-in-law, Vincent; grandsons, Ashton and Landon Martin, and his sister Ida Lee Bisiaux.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man returns home to find burners on, house ransacked, mysterious pants
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash