January 19, 2013
Elden Prophet of Penn Valley, Calif. died Sunday, Jan. 6, 2013 at Golden Empire Convalescent Home. He was 81.
Memorial services will be Saturday, Jan. 19 at 11 a.m. at Abundant Life Community Church, 10795 Alta Street, Grass Valley, CA.
Elden was born on December 31, 1931 in Shelly, ID. He married the love of his life, Claudia Evans on June 10, 1953 in Reno, NV. The two relocated to Nevada County where Elden was a superintendent at Nevada Irrigation District. He was a faithful member of Abundant Life Community Church. Elden enjoyed fishing, reading and gardening. He was a loyal friend, a loving husband, father, and grandfather.
Elden is survived by his wife Claudia; his daughter, Cynthia Martin; son-in-law, Vincent; grandsons, Ashton and Landon Martin, and his sister Ida Lee Bisiaux.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor